How does dermabrasion treat rhinophyma?

Dermabrasion is a type of surgery done with a rotating brush used to treat various skin conditions. Surgeons may use dermabrasion as an adjunct to other types of surgeries in treating rhinophyma. The method can be especially good for refining the contours of the nose.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Is a stuffy nose a type of nose disorder?
A stuffy nose, also known as nasal congestion, is not so much a type of nose disorder as it is a sym...
Why do I keep getting bloody noses?
There are two types of bloody noses. In this video, Dr. Oz discusses the kind of bloody nose to ...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?