Can nose disorders be prevented?

Nose disorders cannot be completely prevented, but avoiding triggers and irritants that lead to inflammation of the nasal passages may help to reduce the chances of developing severe symptoms for some nasal disorders. Inflammation and infection can be avoided with good personal hygiene and proper air conditions; some people find using a nasal rinse helpful for allergy and sinusitis symptoms. The likelihood of structural damage due to injury can be reduced if care is taken when engaging in physical activity that might injure the nose, such as contact sports.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What are the treatment options for allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
If your allergic rhinitis symptoms are interfering with your daily life, you should talk to your doc...
Do nose disorders affect children differently than adults?
Some nose disorders are common to both children and adults with similar symptoms and treatments. Som...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?