Can nose disorders be prevented?

Nose disorders cannot be completely prevented, but avoiding triggers and irritants that lead to inflammation of the nasal passages may help to reduce the chances of developing severe symptoms for some nasal disorders. Inflammation and infection can be avoided with good personal hygiene and proper air conditions; some people find using a nasal rinse helpful for allergy and sinusitis symptoms. The likelihood of structural damage due to injury can be reduced if care is taken when engaging in physical activity that might injure the nose, such as contact sports.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Is a nose disorder serious?
Unless a nose disorder is the result of a malignant tumor or causes serious obstruction to the airwa...
How is allergic rhinitis treated?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
The most effective treatments for allergic rhinitis are corticosteroids or antihistamines that can b...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?