What should I know about meloxicam before taking it?

Meloxicam may raise your risk of having a stroke or heart attack. Taking meloxicam may also result in ulcers, bleeding or holes in your stomach or intestines. The longer you take meloxicam, the greater your risk of complications. Heavy drinkers, older people or those with debilitating diseases may also develop these complications in greater numbers than other people who take meloxicam. Your doctor will perform blood tests and other procedures to check how meloxicam is affecting your body.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
If the Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) had been taking any of the three common NSAIDs mentioned below, for any of the aches and pains that accom...
How soon after taking meloxicam will my symptoms improve?
West Valley Medical CenterWest Valley Medical Center
Meloxicam can have an onset of action within 30 minutes and last in the blood longer than ibuprofen....
Why is the generic Meloxicam NOT as effective as the brand Mobic?
MediGuardMediGuard
In order to be approved, generic manufacturers must show that their products contain the same amount...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?