What is meloxicam?

Meloxicam is a prescription non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) used to treat rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. These forms of arthritis affect the lining of your joints, causing inflammation and pain. Meloxicam treats arthritis by blocking a substance created by your body that causes pain, inflammation and fever. The brand name of meloxicam is Mobic.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
If the Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) had been taking any of the three common NSAIDs mentioned below, for any of the aches and pains that accom...
How should I take nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are available both with and without a prescription...
How soon after taking meloxicam will my symptoms improve?
West Valley Medical CenterWest Valley Medical Center
Meloxicam can have an onset of action within 30 minutes and last in the blood longer than ibuprofen....
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?