Is ibuprofen an effective treatment for headaches?

Ibuprofen is a fairly well tolerated, nonprescription, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug. It is used as a first-line treatment for mild to moderate pain from tension headaches. Ibuprofen is effective in reducing both the severity and duration of mild to moderate migraine pain.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
According to research revealed at the 2015 European League Against Rheumatism Annual Congress meeting, many women stop ovulating after taking standard...
How should I store my acetaminophen and NSAIDs?
Storage of pain relievers like acetaminophen and NSAIDs is somewhat simple: keep it tightly shut in ...
What treatments other than NSAIDS can I use for a migraine?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Other treatments for acute migraine pain include the ergotamines, which because of their risks and a...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?