How should I give ibuprofen to a child with a fever?

Some brand names of ibuprofen are PediaProfen and Advil. PediaProfen comes in a liquid form. Advil comes in drops, liquid, and chewable tablets. Ibuprofen is approved for children six months of age and older. Never give ibuprofen to children who are dehydrated (mouth is dry, not enough wet diapers) or vomiting all the time.

Follow the directions carefully, and do not use more than the prescribed dose. You can give ibuprofen every six to eight hours. Shake the bottle well before you give a dose to your child.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
If the Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) had been taking any of the three common NSAIDs mentioned below, for any of the aches and pains that accom...
What happens if I miss a dose of NSAIDs?
Most people take NSAIDs as needed for pain relief. However, if you are taking an NSAID for blood...
What happens if I overdose on NSAIDs?
Seek emergency medical attention if you think you have overdosed on an NSAID. Overdose symptoms ...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?