How should I give ibuprofen to a child with a fever?

Some brand names of ibuprofen are PediaProfen and Advil. PediaProfen comes in a liquid form. Advil comes in drops, liquid, and chewable tablets. Ibuprofen is approved for children six months of age and older. Never give ibuprofen to children who are dehydrated (mouth is dry, not enough wet diapers) or vomiting all the time.

Follow the directions carefully, and do not use more than the prescribed dose. You can give ibuprofen every six to eight hours. Shake the bottle well before you give a dose to your child.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
According to research revealed at the 2015 European League Against Rheumatism Annual Congress meeting, many women stop ovulating after taking standard...
What are the types of anti-inflammatory painkillers (NSAIDs)?
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are medicines that can reduce inflammation, pain, ...
What should I know before I take celecoxib?
If you are over age 65, celecoxib may not be a good option for you. If you are allergic to sulfa dr...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?