What is the difference between ibuprofen and ibuprofen/diphenhydramine?

Ibuprofen is a single active ingredient pain reliever. It is intended for use to treat pain (or fever) only. Ibuprofen-diphenhydramine is a combination of two active ingredients. It contains ibuprofen, a pain reliever and diphenhydramine, a sleep aid. It is intended for use to treat minor pain and the sleeplessness caused by the pain.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
If the Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) had been taking any of the three common NSAIDs mentioned below, for any of the aches and pains that accom...
How should I store my acetaminophen and NSAIDs?
Storage of pain relievers like acetaminophen and NSAIDs is somewhat simple: keep it tightly shut in ...
What are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs?
Dr. Vonda Wright, MDDr. Vonda Wright, MD
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are a type of medication that doctors and other healt...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?