What beverage is best to drink with meals?

Filtered water is your best bet. While I want you to drink sufficient water throughout your day, the one time you shouldn't drink too much is during meals. Too much liquid can dilute stomach enzymes that break down protein.

Good ol' water is probably the best option. The body is mostly water and everything in it works better when properly hydrated. Water also has the benefit of being naturally sugar, fat and calorie free.

Continue Learning about Non-Alcoholic Beverages & Health

Sugary Sodas Linked to Increased Risk of Disease
Coca-Cola’s first recipe (1892) included sugar, caffeine, water—and, yes, it was rumored to include leaves of the coca plant, and/or processed cocaine...
What beverages should I drink most often?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
Most often you should drink: Water Decaffeinated coffee, tea, and other decaffeinated beverage...
What should my child drink?
What your children drink does more than just quench their thirst. Beverages replace the liquid their...
How Can I Reduce the Calories I Get From Beverages?