What beverage is best to drink with meals?

Good ol' water is probably the best option. The body is mostly water and everything in it works better when properly hydrated. Water also has the benefit of being naturally sugar, fat and calorie free.

Filtered water is your best bet. While I want you to drink sufficient water throughout your day, the one time you shouldn't drink too much is during meals. Too much liquid can dilute stomach enzymes that break down protein.

Continue Learning about Non-Alcoholic Beverages & Health

Is Fruit Juice Worse Than Soda?
Is Fruit Juice Worse Than Soda?
Soda isn't the healthiest drink. Known for its high sugar content, research suggests that the sweet and bubbly beverage can contribute to kidney stone...
How can liquid calories lead to weight gain?
Dr. Ramani Durvasula, PhDDr. Ramani Durvasula, PhD
Some people assume that when you drink calories, they don’t count as much. A calorie is a calorie wh...
How does a sports drink actually increase hydration more than water?
A sports drink works to increase hydration in three ways: Encourages voluntary fluid intake. S...
What Low Calorie Beverages Can Help Curb My Food Cravings?