Does drinking soda count towards my daily water intake?

Elizabeth Casparro, MPH,RD

Although soda does have water in it, it is not a preferred source of obtaining your daily water intake. First, there is usually caffeine which causes your body to excrete more water. Second, the added sugar contributes to your overall calorie intake. Plain water is the best: it is readily absorbed and calorie free!

Continue Learning about Non-Alcoholic Beverages & Health

2 Grown-Up Beverages That Keep Your Mind Young
These two adult beverages -- one that wakes people up in the morning and another that relaxes them in the evening -- may help keep the mind young: cof...
What are the beverages that hydrate and dehydrate?
The word hydrate comes from the Greek word for water, so the best hydrating beverage is water. It qu...
How can I choose healthy coconut water?
Ms. Ashley Koff, RDMs. Ashley Koff, RD
Since helping with the launch of coconut water here in the US, I've wanted everyone to know about th...
How Can I Cut Down on High-Calorie Drinks?