Does drinking soda count towards my daily water intake?

Elizabeth Casparro, MPH,RD

Although soda does have water in it, it is not a preferred source of obtaining your daily water intake. First, there is usually caffeine which causes your body to excrete more water. Second, the added sugar contributes to your overall calorie intake. Plain water is the best: it is readily absorbed and calorie free!

Continue Learning about Non-Alcoholic Beverages & Health

Toss the Pop, Save Your Kidneys
Toss the Pop, Save Your Kidneys
Can you imagine a grocery store without a soft-drink section? Well, try to pretend it isn't there. Because if you cut down on the sweet stuff, it mig...
How can I choose healthy coconut water?
Ms. Ashley Koff, RDMs. Ashley Koff, RD
Since helping with the launch of coconut water here in the US, I've wanted everyone to know about th...
What is the difference between the different sports drinks?
Traditional sports drinks are a 6-8% carbohydrate solution, with added electrolyte minerals (par...
How to Navigate the Cocktail Menu
How to Navigate the Cocktail Menu