What is this pain I have in my hip?

Soap star Maurice Benard asks Dr. Oz about the mysterious pain in his hip. Dr. Oz  talks about the cause of this common condition often confused with sciatica in this video.

Rick Olderman
Physical Therapy
The pain in Maurice's hip could be piriformis syndrome. The question is why is it happening? For this answer we would need to look at Maurice's gait pattern and test some muscles acting on the femur and pelvis. Once we have an idea of the forces acting on the piriformis, we can correct them and the piriformis syndrome.

Continue Learning about Neuralgia

Can neuralgia clear up without any treatment?
It is possible for some types of neuralgia to clear up without any treatment but it isn't likely. In...
How do I care for someone with neuralgia?
There isn't always much you can do to care for someone with neuralgia. Your main responsibility will...
Is there a cure for neuralgia?
If the cause of your neuralgia can be determined you may be able to fix it with surgery. For posther...
What type of doctor treats pudendal neuralgia?
Darshan N. Shah, MDDarshan N. Shah, MD
Pudendal neuralgia is a difficult condition to treat and so patients often require a comprehensive, ...