How do I care for someone with neuralgia?

There isn't always much you can do to care for someone with neuralgia. Your main responsibility will be making sure they stick to their treatment plan and to communicate with their doctor if they are unable to do so themselves. Other than that, the best thing you can do is provide support and encouragement. Keep in mind that the pain caused by many types of neuralgia can be debilitating and people who suffer from the condition often live in fear of an oncoming attack.

Continue Learning about Neuralgia

How many different types of neuralgia are there?
There are four main types of neuralgia. Most of them are named after the nerve they affect. Trigemin...
What is trigeminal neuralgia?
Trigeminal neuralgia is a condition that causes severe and chronic pain in your face. The pain occur...
How is trigeminal neuralgia treated?
Treatment options for TN include medicines, surgery and complementary approaches. Anticonvulsant me...
Is neuralgia life-threatening?
Neuralgia itself is not a life-threatening condition. However, it is sometimes the result of a tumor...