What is the seventh cranial nerve?

Also called the facial nerve, this nerve controls most facial muscles. It splits into five primary branches - temporal, zygomatic, buccal, mandibular and cervical - after emerging from the brain. Each branch signals muscles in different areas of the face, which controls facial expressions.

Continue Learning about Nerves

What is the prognosis for a pinched nerve?
With treatment, most people recover from a pinched nerve. However, in some cases, damage is irrevers...
Can electrical equipment interfere with my VNS pulse generator?
International Bipolar FoundationInternational Bipolar Foundation
Airport security systems, microwave ovens and cellular phones typically do not interfere with th...
What causes numbness in my fingers?
There are motor-type nerves that connect your brain to your muscles and send a signal from the brain...
What is a pinched nerve?
The term "pinched nerve" describes one type of damage or injury to a nerve or a set of nerves. The i...