How does nerve gas poisoning affect the body?

Nerve gas poisoning interferes with cell respiration and the breakdown of acetylcholine, which regulates interaction between nerves and muscle tissue. Neurological effects of nerve gas poisoning can include seizures, loss of consciousness, and limited vision. In extreme cases, nerve gas poisoning can include paralysis, heart and lung depression, severe convulsions, and behavioral or cognitive problems.

Continue Learning about Nerve Gas Poisoning

What drugs are used to treat nerve gas poisoning?
Nerve gas poisoning can be treated with drugs before and after exposure. Some drugs, such as pyridos...
How do I care for someone with nerve gas poisoning?
Always assist the person in seeking medical care if there has been exposure to nerve gas. Initia...
What are the long-term effects of nerve gas poisoning?
Nerve gas poisoning may require months of recovery time and consistent drug treatment for some sympt...
How can I prevent nerve gas poisoning?
You may not be able to prevent nerve gas poisoning, but in the unlikely event that you are exposed t...