While sitting at your desk during the day, place a folded towel under your arm to prop up your elbow. This elevates your shoulder blade, unloading strain on the muscles connecting to your neck. Do this until your upper trapezius muscle (muscle located between shoulder and neck) is adequately retrained.
- Q What causes a crick in the neck?
- Q How can poor shoulder function cause neck pain and headaches?
- Q Why do my neck and/or shoulders hurt after eating?
- Q Why is neck pain a common complaint in women?
- Q When should I talk to my doctor about neck pain?
- Q What are the risks of spinal steroid injections for neck pain?