While sitting at your desk during the day, place a folded towel under your arm to prop up your elbow. This elevates your shoulder blade, unloading strain on the muscles connecting to your neck. Do this until your upper trapezius muscle (muscle located between shoulder and neck) is adequately retrained.
- Q How can I reduce neck pain caused by using the telephone?
- Q How can I help prevent neck pain?
- Q How can poor shoulder function cause neck pain and headaches?
- Q What are the possible effects of letting neck pain go untreated?
- Q What activities can cause neck pain?
- Q How can I correct forward-head posture to relieve neck pain and headaches?