While sitting at your desk during the day, place a folded towel under your arm to prop up your elbow. This elevates your shoulder blade, unloading strain on the muscles connecting to your neck. Do this until your upper trapezius muscle (muscle located between shoulder and neck) is adequately retrained.
- Q What procedures help treat neck pain?
- Q When should I talk to my doctor about neck pain?
- Q How can shoulder problems cause neck pain and headaches?
- Q How can depressed shoulders cause neck pain and headaches?
- Q How can computer work cause neck pain and headaches?
- Q What sleeping positions should I avoid if I have neck and back pain?