While sitting at your desk during the day, place a folded towel under your arm to prop up your elbow. This elevates your shoulder blade, unloading strain on the muscles connecting to your neck. Do this until your upper trapezius muscle (muscle located between shoulder and neck) is adequately retrained.
- Q Should a parent be concerned if their child is complaining of a stiff neck?
- Q What posture should I use to avoid pain when using my smart phone?
- Q What causes a crick in the neck?
- Q How is elastic therapeutic tape used to treat neck and shoulder pain?
- Q What causes whiplash?
- Q What activities can cause neck pain?