While sitting at your desk during the day, place a folded towel under your arm to prop up your elbow. This elevates your shoulder blade, unloading strain on the muscles connecting to your neck. Do this until your upper trapezius muscle (muscle located between shoulder and neck) is adequately retrained.
- Q How effective is surgery for neck pain?
- Q How can I help prevent neck pain?
- Q How is elastic therapeutic tape used to treat neck and shoulder pain?
- Q What activities can cause neck pain?
- Q Why do my neck and/or shoulders hurt after eating?
- Q What are the risks of spinal steroid injections for neck pain?