While sitting at your desk during the day, place a folded towel under your arm to prop up your elbow. This elevates your shoulder blade, unloading strain on the muscles connecting to your neck. Do this until your upper trapezius muscle (muscle located between shoulder and neck) is adequately retrained.
- Q How can I prevent neck pain when I stay still for a long time?
- Q What are the possible effects of letting neck pain go untreated?
- Q What posture should I use to avoid pain when using my smart phone?
- Q What can cause neck pain and headaches?
- Q What are the risks of spinal steroid injections for neck pain?
- Q What procedures help treat neck pain?