While sitting at your desk during the day, place a folded towel under your arm to prop up your elbow. This elevates your shoulder blade, unloading strain on the muscles connecting to your neck. Do this until your upper trapezius muscle (muscle located between shoulder and neck) is adequately retrained.
- Q What can I do to stop my neck from hurting?
- Q What can cause neck pain and headaches in women?
- Q How can shoulder problems cause neck pain and headaches?
- Q What are the risks of spinal steroid injections for neck pain?
- Q What sleeping positions should I avoid if I have neck and back pain?
- Q How can depressed shoulders cause neck pain and headaches?