What are the chances of recovery from whiplash?

Generally, chances of recovery for individuals with whiplash are good. The neck and head pain clears within a few days or weeks. Most patients recover within three months after the injury, however, some may continue to have residual neck pain and headaches.

This answer is based on source information from the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.

Continue Learning about Neck Injury

If a person is unconscious, does that mean he has a neck injury?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Head and neck injuries are always assumed if a patient is unconscious. When this happens, the fi...
If I suffer a neck injury during sports, am I likely to get injured again?
You may be more likely to hurt your neck again if you go back to play too soon. If poor playing ...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with whiplash?
You should be aware that whiplash is an injury to the neck and the person you are caring for will li...
How do I manage my whiplash on a daily basis?
Whiplash, like other neck pain, is usually caused by straining the muscles or ligaments in the neck....