What do I need to know about caring for someone with whiplash?

You should be aware that whiplash is an injury to the neck and the person you are caring for will likely be in pain. While that pain is often centered in the neck, it can affect other muscle groups. Contact a doctor if the pain spreads beyond the neck, if moving the head is painful, if the person you are caring for feels numb in the arms, or if they need a stronger pain reliever.

Continue Learning about Neck Injury

Should I talk to my doctor about my whiplash symptoms?
If you have a mild case of whiplash that goes away within a few days, you probably do not need to ta...
What are common causes of whiplash?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
The most common cause of whiplash is a car accident. In sports, whiplash can happen during blind-sid...
What is whiplash?
Whiplash is an injury to the neck. Muscles, ligaments, and other tissues in your neck normally move ...
Are all neck injuries serious?
Not all neck injuries end up being serious. However, all neck injuries should be treated as if t...