Should I take my child to a naturopath?

Dr. Christopher Maloney, ND
Naturopathic Medicine

If your child has any sort of chronic condition, then they may benefit from early lifestyle and nutritional intervention from an N.D.

In more acute or life-threatening situations, accessing the conventional medical system is a better choice. Unless your N.D. is on pager or accessible 24 hours a day, the conventional medical system provides that sort of urgent care relief that can save sleep, pain and lives.

You may consider taking your child to a naturopath. The practices of naturopathy are less invasive than conventional medicine. Your child may benefit from the dietary and exercise programs. A naturopathic physician considers a patient's emotional and mental as well as physical health, which may also benefit your child. However, you should still see your family physician for any serious health issues.

Continue Learning about Naturopathy

Cure Your Cough with a Spoonful of Honey
If you told our Stone Age relatives to “mind your own beeswax,” they could have done just that, say researchers from the UK’s University of Bristol. T...
Are naturopaths licensed as medical doctors (M.D.)?
Naturopaths must be licensed as naturopathic doctors in 17 states. They must graduate from a four-ye...
What is the history of Naturopathy?
Naturopathy originated in Germany in the late 19th century and was first practiced in the United Sta...
How Can I Treat a Muscle Strain?
How Can I Treat a Muscle Strain?