What causes nasopharyngeal cancer?

It is unknown what exactly causes nasopharyngeal cancer. However, the Epstein-Barr virus is known to significantly increase chances of getting the disease. Genetic factors, like having a parent with the cancer, may also be a contributing factor in developing the condition.

Continue Learning about Nasopharyngeal Cancer

How is my stage of nasopharyngeal cancer determined?
The stage of nasopharyngeal cancer can be determined through the use of imaging tests, such as CT sc...
How long can I survive with nasopharyngeal cancer?
Nasopharyngeal cancer can be successfully cured if caught early. If not, it is often fatal. Only 35 ...
How are stages of nasopharyngeal cancer defined?
Stages of nasopharyngeal cancer are defined by how far the cancer has spread and the size of the tum...
Is nasopharyngeal cancer life-threatening?
Nasopharyngeal cancer can be life-threatening if it has been allowed to spread. If the cancer spread...