What causes nasopharyngeal cancer?

It is unknown what exactly causes nasopharyngeal cancer. However, the Epstein-Barr virus is known to significantly increase chances of getting the disease. Genetic factors, like having a parent with the cancer, may also be a contributing factor in developing the condition.

Continue Learning about Nasopharyngeal Cancer

Is there a cure for nasopharyngeal cancer?
There is a possibility of curing nasopharyngeal cancer with chemotherapy and radiation. However, thi...
How long can I survive with nasopharyngeal cancer?
Nasopharyngeal cancer can be successfully cured if caught early. If not, it is often fatal. Only 35 ...
Should I talk to my doctor about my nasopharyngeal cancer symptoms?
Yes, you should discuss your symptoms with your doctor. You should tell your doctor about any sympto...
How is my stage of nasopharyngeal cancer determined?
The stage of nasopharyngeal cancer can be determined through the use of imaging tests, such as CT sc...