What should I know about nasal cromolyn before taking it?

Donna Hill Howes, RN

If you are breastfeeding, cromolyn nasal spray may not be a good option for you. It is not known if this drug can be passed into breast milk.

Cromolyn nasal spray may not be a good option for you if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or may be pregnant. It is not known if it is safe for pregnant women. 

This answer was adapted from Sharecare's award-winning AskMD app. Start a consultation now to find out what's causing your symptoms, learn how to manage a condition, or find a doctor. 

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

What are antihistamine nasal sprays?
Antihistamine nasal sprays place the antihistamine in the nasal passages and the sinuses. As an anti...
Do decongestants have any side effects?
Side effects may include headaches, nausea, dizziness, nervousness, insomnia, tremor, elevated blood...
What is the best over-the-counter antihistamine?
Sky Ridge Medical CenterSky Ridge Medical Center
When it comes to the best over-the-counter (OTC) antihistamines, I try hard to base my preferences n...
What is an antihistamine?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Antihistamines are medicines that treat mild allergic reactions. Antihistamines come in tablets and ...