Should I talk to my doctor about my nail disorder symptoms?

Talk to your doctor if you are experiencing symptoms of a nail disorder including, pain or discomfort related to your nail. Some of the symptoms that require medical attention are:

-  White or blue nails
-  Clubbed or distorted nails
-  Pale/white or black lines
-  Pain or swelling around a nail
-  Horizontal ridges or dents

Changes in your nail can relate to other conditions that affect your organs. Kidney disease, lung disease, and liver disease are just a few of the diseases that create nail disorders as a symptom of a larger underlying issue. If you have splinter hemorrhages (red lines in the bed of the nail), you should see you doctor right away. These are caused by heart valve infections.

Continue Learning about Nail Disorders

What other illnesses are linked to nail disorders?
Nail disorders can be a telltale sign of how your body is working. Many illnesses are linked to chan...
Should I tell my child's school about their nail disorder?
It may be helpful to tell your child's school about her nail disorder. For example, if your chil...
The Ugly Side of Manicures
The Ugly Side of Manicures
Do Your Feet Look Good Naked?
Do Your Feet Look Good Naked?