Who should take allopurinol?

Allopurinol is intended for people with gout-related arthritis, certain kinds of kidney stones or elevated blood or urine levels of uric acid associated with certain drug therapies. Taking allopurinol to lower levels of uric acid is generally safe for both adults and children.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

How effective is leflunomide?
Studies show that leflunomide is effective for treating RA, both by itself and combined with methotr...
How long does it take to get pain relief from hyaluronic acid injections?
Dr. Vonda Wright, MDDr. Vonda Wright, MD
I never guarantee my patients that they're going to see any effect from hyaluronic acid (HA) injecti...
What are the side effects of cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril)?
Side effects may include drowsiness, dizziness, fatigue, headaches, and dry mouth. Cyclobenzaprine c...
Does teriflunomide have any side effects?
Teriflunomide stays active in a person's body for several days after it is taken and can stay in the...