What should I avoid while taking azathioprine?

When taking azathioprine, you should avoid taking certain drugs, particularly febuxostat (Uloric). You should also avoid receiving "live" vaccines and stay away from people who have recently received such vaccines. In addition, you may want to avoid those who have a cold, the flu or other infection, and take measures to keep your hands clean and reduce any chances of becoming ill. To avoid further risk of illness, it is recommended that you not have any medical or dental procedures done while on azathioprine.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

Can Botox affect my emotional reactions?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
Scientists believe that facial expressions may influence our emotions, meaning that those whose face...
Is Synvisc a good alternative to joint replacement?
Keith Roach, MDKeith Roach, MD
Synvisc is not generally an alternative to joint replacement in people with very advanced knee osteo...
What is baclofen?
Baclofen (Lioresal) may help some people with acid reflux that does not improve with other drug trea...
What is Botox used for?
While Botox is famous for smoothing out frown lines and crow's feet, its power to temporarily paraly...