What should I avoid while taking azathioprine?

When taking azathioprine, you should avoid taking certain drugs, particularly febuxostat (Uloric). You should also avoid receiving "live" vaccines and stay away from people who have recently received such vaccines. In addition, you may want to avoid those who have a cold, the flu or other infection, and take measures to keep your hands clean and reduce any chances of becoming ill. To avoid further risk of illness, it is recommended that you not have any medical or dental procedures done while on azathioprine.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

Does teriflunomide have any side effects?
Teriflunomide stays active in a person's body for several days after it is taken and can stay in the...
How does leflunomide interact with other medications and foods?
People taking leflunomide should avoid receiving live vaccines. If you are taking an immunosuppress...
What should I know about baclofen before taking it?
If you take baclofen, you should avoid alcohol. If you have impaired kidney function, baclofen may ...
Could I be allergic to denosumab?
Some people are allergic to denosumab, a medicine used to treat thinning and weakening bones (known ...