How should I take orphenadrine?

Orphenadrine, a medication for short-term treatment of muscle pain, is given as a sustained-release tablet or an injection, usually in a doctor's office. The dosing and schedule varies from person to person. Injectable orphenadrine may be given as an intravenous (IV) injection as well as an intramuscular injection (a shot). It may be necessary to learn how to give the shot at home. You will need to learn from your doctor or other healthcare professional how to properly use and dispose of any needles or syringes.

Before using injectable orphenadrine, check any vials containing the medication for discoloration or breakage. If you miss a dose of orphenadrine, take it as soon as you can, but do not take two doses at the same time or too close together. Because orphenadrine may make you dizzy or drowsy, you should be careful after taking a dose and when you are first being treated before driving or performing tasks that could be dangerous.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

Could I be allergic to denosumab?
Some people are allergic to denosumab, a medicine used to treat thinning and weakening bones (known ...
What is Botox used for?
While Botox is famous for smoothing out frown lines and crow's feet, its power to temporarily paraly...
What are the side effects of cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril)?
Side effects may include drowsiness, dizziness, fatigue, headaches, and dry mouth. Cyclobenzaprine c...
Should I worry about allergies with Botox?
Dr. Stuart A. Linder, MDDr. Stuart A. Linder, MD
According to Allergan pharmaceuticals, serious and immediate allergic reactions have been reported. ...