How should I take orphenadrine?

Orphenadrine, a medication for short-term treatment of muscle pain, is given as a sustained-release tablet or an injection, usually in a doctor's office. The dosing and schedule varies from person to person. Injectable orphenadrine may be given as an intravenous (IV) injection as well as an intramuscular injection (a shot). It may be necessary to learn how to give the shot at home. You will need to learn from your doctor or other healthcare professional how to properly use and dispose of any needles or syringes.

Before using injectable orphenadrine, check any vials containing the medication for discoloration or breakage. If you miss a dose of orphenadrine, take it as soon as you can, but do not take two doses at the same time or too close together. Because orphenadrine may make you dizzy or drowsy, you should be careful after taking a dose and when you are first being treated before driving or performing tasks that could be dangerous.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

What should I know about baclofen before taking it?
If you take baclofen, you should avoid alcohol. If you have impaired kidney function, baclofen may ...
How is cyclobenzaprine used to treat lower back pain?
Cyclobenzaprine (Amrix) is a muscle relaxant. It is a treatment option for people who have muscle sp...
What should I know before taking cyclobenzaprine?
If you have congestive heart failure, abnormal heart rhythms, heart block, or heart conduction disor...
How long does it take to get pain relief from hyaluronic acid injections?
Dr. Vonda Wright, MDDr. Vonda Wright, MD
I never guarantee my patients that they're going to see any effect from hyaluronic acid (HA) injecti...