What minerals should I take to help prevent muscle spasms in my back?

Muscles are very simple mechanisms that work like an extendable ladder. When you want them to open, they open. When you want them to contract, which you do during weightlifting, walking or anything else active, they contract. Minerals prevent muscles from latching up and having spasms.

To ensure you’re getting enough minerals, take a muscle pain power pill that combines potassium, calcium and magnesium every day:
  • 600 mg calcium
  • 400 mg magnesium
  • 200 mg potassium

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Muscle Spasm

What causes muscle spasms?
Peggy BrillPeggy Brill
Muscle spasms are very common, and tend to occur when your muscles and your spine are out of sync, f...
What would cause a muscle to twitch?
A muscle twitch is usually caused by an imbalance or lack of the essential nutrients needed to creat...
What is the Benefit of Foam Rolling?
What is the Benefit of Foam Rolling?
What Causes Muscle Spasms?
What Causes Muscle Spasms?