What minerals should I take to help prevent muscle spasms in my back?

Muscles are very simple mechanisms that work like an extendable ladder. When you want them to open, they open. When you want them to contract, which you do during weightlifting, walking or anything else active, they contract. Minerals prevent muscles from latching up and having spasms.

To ensure you’re getting enough minerals, take a muscle pain power pill that combines potassium, calcium and magnesium every day:
  • 600 mg calcium
  • 400 mg magnesium
  • 200 mg potassium

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Muscle Spasm

How can heat be used to treat a muscle spasm?
Juan P. Villablanca, MDJuan P. Villablanca, MD
When heat is applied to a muscle that is having spasms, it increases circulation to the muscle, whic...
What causes muscle spasms?
Peggy BrillPeggy Brill
Muscle spasms are very common, and tend to occur when your muscles and your spine are out of sync, f...
What Causes Muscle Spasms?
What Causes Muscle Spasms?
What is the Benefit of Foam Rolling?
What is the Benefit of Foam Rolling?