Why are splints and orthotics used in therapy for multiple sclerosis (MS)?

Occupational therapists and their assistants make and modify splints and orthotics. These are used for positioning, support, stabilization, mobilization, range of motion, reduction of pain and spasticity, and contracture prevention. Sometimes, a splint or orthotic is all that is needed to enable you to carry out a certain task independently.

Continue Learning about Multiple Sclerosis Treatment

What to Expect from MS Infusion Therapies
Several therapies for multiple sclerosis are delivered with an infusion, where a venous catheter is inserted into a vein and medicine is delivered int...
Is the Evers diet treatment effective for multiple sclerosis (MS)?
Louis RosnerLouis Rosner
Developed by a German physician, Dr. Joseph Evers, Evers diet treatment is based on the theory that ...
What are the different treatment for increasing blood flow in MS?
Louis RosnerLouis Rosner
The heat box, fever therapies, and blood vessel dilators, called vasodilators, work on the principle...
How Can I Improve My Sexual Function with Multiple Sclerosis?