Should I talk to my doctor about my multiple sclerosis symptoms?

The symptoms of multiple sclerosis (MS) are so broad that you may not think to associate them with the disease. But anytime you notice a strange symptom occurring, or suspect MS, it is not a bad idea to run it by a medical professional. Start with your regular family doctor, as they can assess the most likely reason you are experiencing a symptom. If they believe your symptom is caused by something serious, such as MS, they can do further tests or recommend a neurologist. MS is not curable, but it can be treated, so early diagnosis could help you manage the disease.

Continue Learning about Multiple Sclerosis Symptoms

Which Stress Relievers Work for Multiple Sclerosis Symptoms?
Even if you’ve been living with MS for several years, it can still be stressful. In this video, integrative neurologist Dr. Kulreet Chaudhary offers h...
What causes symptoms of multiple sclerosis (MS)?
SwedishSwedish
Multiple sclerosis (MS) symptoms are caused by loss of myelin, axons and nerve cells. The brain i...
What is L'hermitte's sign in multiple sclerosis (MS)?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Lhermitte's sign is a brief, stabbing, electric-shock-like sensation that runs from the back of the ...
Do You Also Treat Multiple Sclerosis Symptoms?