Can behavioral interventions reduce sitting time in people with MS?

A logical focus of behavioral interventions for people with multiple sclerosis (MS) involves reducing daily sitting time, a form of sedentary behavior that has been identified as a highly prevalent risk factor for MS­related morbidity. To that end, researchers examined if behavioral interventions would reduce daily sitting time in 70 persons with MS. The behavioral intervention reduced daily sitting time by more than 1.5 hours compared with the control group.

These results highlight the importance of designing and testing the effect of behavioral interventions that reduce sitting on secondary outcomes such as function, symptoms, quality of life and health status in persons with MS. 

Continue Learning about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

What Can I Expect If I Have Just Been Diagnosed With MS?
Provided they follow the appropriate treatment, many people who are newly diagnosed with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis can expect a long life...
What is the course of multiple sclerosis (MS)?
Kulreet Chaudhary, MDKulreet Chaudhary, MD
The symptoms of multiple sclerosis (MS) can be varied, so it's difficult to diagnose; but early trea...
Best (and Worst) Foods for Multiple Sclerosis
Best (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple Sclerosis
Restore energy and help ease symptoms with these eats.
How Can Exercise Help Me Manage Multiple Sclerosis?