What will happen if I have MRSA and my baby is to be adopted?

If you have MRSA, or methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, and the baby is to be adopted, the birth mother will stay in her room in the hospital. The baby will stay in an area of the nursery away from other babies. The adoptive parents will be asked to wash their hands before and after visiting the baby. They may choose whether to wear protective gloves and gowns.

Continue Learning about MRSA

How is methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) spread?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
In the hospital, MRSA, or methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, can spread from one person to...
When was methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) discovered?
General staph infections were first identified in the 1880s. At that point, the distinctive symptoms...
Why Is It so Difficult to Treat MRSA?
Why Is It so Difficult to Treat MRSA?
Who Is Most at Risk for MRSA?
Who Is Most at Risk for MRSA?