What will happen if I have MRSA and my baby is to be adopted?

If you have MRSA, or methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, and the baby is to be adopted, the birth mother will stay in her room in the hospital. The baby will stay in an area of the nursery away from other babies. The adoptive parents will be asked to wash their hands before and after visiting the baby. They may choose whether to wear protective gloves and gowns.

Continue Learning about MRSA

How can my having MRSA affect my new baby while we are in the hospital?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
If you are colonized or infected with MRSA, or methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, health...
How can I protect myself when caring for someone who has MRSA?
Hand washing is one of the most important things a person can do to prevent spread of any illness ca...
What Is MRSA?
What Is MRSA?
Why Is It so Difficult to Treat MRSA?
Why Is It so Difficult to Treat MRSA?