How do I manage methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus daily?

Like with any bacterial infection, it is important to manage your methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) by staying on your regimen of antibiotics. MRSA can be difficult to treat, so if you find that an antibiotic is working, it is important to stay on the medication to help relieve your symptoms and keep the infection from getting worse. Make sure to finish the course of antibiotics prescribed even if you feel well. Ask your doctor about ointments that can help relieve the topical skin symptoms like boils and blisters.

Continue Learning about MRSA

How can MRSA affect me and my new baby?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
MRSA, or methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, germs can affect you in two ways: Active inf...
If I have MRSA, does my baby's umbilical cord require any special care?
If you have MRSA, or methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, your baby’s umbilical cord does ...
Don’t Let Childhood Cuts Turn into a MRSA Infection
Why Is It so Difficult to Treat MRSA?
Why Is It so Difficult to Treat MRSA?