How do I manage methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus daily?

Like with any bacterial infection, it is important to manage your methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) by staying on your regimen of antibiotics. MRSA can be difficult to treat, so if you find that an antibiotic is working, it is important to stay on the medication to help relieve your symptoms and keep the infection from getting worse. Make sure to finish the course of antibiotics prescribed even if you feel well. Ask your doctor about ointments that can help relieve the topical skin symptoms like boils and blisters.

Continue Learning about MRSA

Why is MRSA an antibiotic resistant infection?
Ronald G. Glass, DDSRonald G. Glass, DDS
Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) is resistant to methicillin (a broad-spectrum ant...
How can my having MRSA affect my new baby while we are in the hospital?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
If you are colonized or infected with MRSA, or methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, health...
Why Is It so Difficult to Treat MRSA?
Why Is It so Difficult to Treat MRSA?
What Is MRSA?
What Is MRSA?