Why is clindamycin resistance testing vital for CA-MRSA treatment?

Our studies have demonstrated that both Community-acquired (CA)- and Hospital-acquired (HA)-MRSA have a wide range of antibiotic susceptibility and resistance. The only way to tell whether a germ is resistance is to challenge it with an array of antimicrobial agents. Again, our studies have demonstrated that while the Staphylococcus aureus may be resistant to methicillin and clindamycin, it may be susceptible to penicillin G.  Dr. G.

Continue Learning about MRSA

How can I protect myself when caring for someone who has MRSA?
Hand washing is one of the most important things a person can do to prevent spread of any illness ca...
What is methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
MRSA, commonly pronounced “mer-suh,” stands for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. It is...
Who Is Most at Risk for MRSA?
Who Is Most at Risk for MRSA?
Don’t Let Childhood Cuts Turn into a MRSA Infection