Why is clindamycin resistance testing vital for CA-MRSA treatment?

Our studies have demonstrated that both Community-acquired (CA)- and Hospital-acquired (HA)-MRSA have a wide range of antibiotic susceptibility and resistance. The only way to tell whether a germ is resistance is to challenge it with an array of antimicrobial agents. Again, our studies have demonstrated that while the Staphylococcus aureus may be resistant to methicillin and clindamycin, it may be susceptible to penicillin G.  Dr. G.

Continue Learning about MRSA

How can my having MRSA affect my new baby while we are in the hospital?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
If you are colonized or infected with MRSA, or methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, health...
How do I manage methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus daily?
Like with any bacterial infection, it is important to manage your methicillin-resistant Staphylo...
Why Is It so Difficult to Treat MRSA?
Why Is It so Difficult to Treat MRSA?
Who Is Most at Risk for MRSA?
Who Is Most at Risk for MRSA?