Why is Morgellons disease so controversial?

Morgellons disease is not widely accepted as a valid diagnosis by the medical community, so it has become quite controversial. Not a lot of research has been done on Morgellons disease, so most of the reported cases come directly from people with the disease themselves, instead of scientific evidence. Also, the symptoms of Morgellons disease tend to mimic other, more common diseases, so doctors tend to treat the common disease before Morgellons disease. Also, patients who have the symptoms of Morgellons disease are sometimes reluctant to hear other possible causes of their symptoms.

Continue Learning about Morgellons Disease

What should I do if my doctor does not believe I have Morgellons disease?
Morgellons disease is not accepted among most medical professionals as an actual disease, so it is v...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with Morgellons disease?
The most important thing you need to do when you are caring for someone with Morgellons or any disea...
How long does Morgellons disease last?
Morgellons disease is not widely accepted by the medical community as an actual disease, so no one r...
What type of doctor should I see for my Morgellons disease?
If you suspect you may have Morgellons disease, first make an appointment with your primary care or ...