Why does my skin burn when I apply my usual moisturizer?

Even people who have never had allergies can develop them later in life. You should discontinue using that moisturizer immediately and see your dermatologist.

Continue Learning about Moisturizer Ingredients

What are the occlusive emollients found in moisturizers?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
The occlusive emollients (create a protective barrier) found in moisturizers areShea butterMineral o...
What are water-in-oil moisturizers?
Water-in-oil moisturizers are those in which oil is the dominant carrier. Since these formulations t...
What ingredients should I look for in an after shaving moisturizer?
Look for moisturizing products that are non comedogenic, meaning they won't clog pores. 
Why is it important to have a humectant in a moisturizer?
The purpose of a humectant is to draw in and hold onto moisture. Some of the most commonly used hume...