What are the treatment options for mixed sleep apnea?

Many treatment options are available for mixed sleep apnea. It is generally treated the same as obstructive sleep apnea. Your doctor will be able to suggest the option that is best for you. Your doctor may recommend changes to your lifestyle, such as losing weight, not drinking alcohol, not taking certain medications, and not smoking. They may suggest treating your allergies, sleeping in a different position, or wearing an oral appliance at night to help your breathing. Other options may include surgery or CPAP, a device that can keep your airway open while you sleep.

Continue Learning about Mixed Sleep Apnea

What is mixed sleep apnea?
Mixed sleep apnea is a sleep disorder that is a combination of obstructive sleep apnea and centr...
How do I manage my mixed sleep apnea on a daily basis?
If you have mixed sleep apnea, you should follow your doctor's instructions on a daily basis. This m...
How do medications treat mixed sleep apnea?
Medications are not usually given to treat mixed sleep apnea itself. But some cases of sleep apnea a...
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?