What are the treatment options for mixed sleep apnea?

Many treatment options are available for mixed sleep apnea. It is generally treated the same as obstructive sleep apnea. Your doctor will be able to suggest the option that is best for you. Your doctor may recommend changes to your lifestyle, such as losing weight, not drinking alcohol, not taking certain medications, and not smoking. They may suggest treating your allergies, sleeping in a different position, or wearing an oral appliance at night to help your breathing. Other options may include surgery or CPAP, a device that can keep your airway open while you sleep.

Continue Learning about Mixed Sleep Apnea

How is mixed sleep apnea diagnosed?
If your doctor suspects you have sleep apnea, they may suggest you go to a sleep laboratory for a po...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with mixed sleep apnea?
If you are caring for someone who has mixed sleep apnea, you should make an appointment with their d...
How do I manage my mixed sleep apnea on a daily basis?
If you have mixed sleep apnea, you should follow your doctor's instructions on a daily basis. This m...
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?