Why should pregnant women and young children limit mercury consumption?

Grant Cooper, MD
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Because fetuses and young children are particularly vulnerable to the effects of mercury, it is particularly important that children younger than five, pregnant women, women who may become pregnant, and nursing mothers closely monitor and limit their potential mercury consumption. People in these groups should limit their weekly fish and shellfish consumption to 12 ounces or less of canned light tuna, shrimp, and salmon.

The Arthritis Handbook: Improve Your Health and Manage the Pain of Osteoarthritis (A DiaMedica Guide to Optimum Wellness)

According to conventional wisdom, arthritis pain is an inevitable part of aging. Not so, says Dr. Grant Cooper in this practical, accessible guide. For those who do develop osteoarthritic conditions,...

Continue Learning about Minerals

Carotenoids: The Calcium Side Your Bones Crave
Keep your skeleton strong and fracture-free by serving that calcium supplement with a healthy salad on the side. Salad? Yep, salad. A 4-year study fou...
Which mineral in cod fish helps keep my immune system strong?
Watch this video to learn more from Dr. Mehmet Oz about cod fish.
What minerals do I need in my diet?
A number of minerals are found in either large or trace amounts in our bodies, all of which are nece...
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young