What is the maximum daily dosage for iron?

The maximum daily dosage for iron varies depending on specific patient needs. You may be prescribed iron in tablet, capsule, or liquid form. Your doctor or pharmacist will tell you exactly how much to take and how often. Follow these instructions exactly. Never take more or less than prescribed.

Continue Learning about Minerals

Calcium Where You Least Expect It
Calcium Where You Least Expect It
If you don't do dairy -- or dairy doesn't agree with you -- it's easy to get your calcium in pills. But you miss the extras that you get by eating foo...
Which minerals are important for healthy bones?
Dole Nutrition InstituteDole Nutrition Institute
Phosphorus and a number of other minerals, such as magnesium, potassium and zinc, have critical role...
Should I let my doctor know I take cobalt?
Always talk to your doctor before taking any new supplement or medication to avoid possible inte...
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young