What does cobalt do?

Working with vitamin B12, cobalt helps regulate and stimulate the body to produce certain enzymes and hormones, including thyroxine produced by the thyroid. It also assists in the production of hemoglobin, the red blood cells that carry oxygen throughout your body.

Continue Learning about Minerals

Carotenoids: The Calcium Side Your Bones Crave
Keep your skeleton strong and fracture-free by serving that calcium supplement with a healthy salad on the side. Salad? Yep, salad. A 4-year study fo...
What minerals do I need in my diet?
A number of minerals are found in either large or trace amounts in our bodies, all of which are nece...
What is the role of minerals in my body?
Dr. Dariush Mozaffarian, MDDr. Dariush Mozaffarian, MD
The body needs, and stores, fairly large amounts of the major minerals. These minerals are no more i...
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young