What does cobalt do?

Working with vitamin B12, cobalt helps regulate and stimulate the body to produce certain enzymes and hormones, including thyroxine produced by the thyroid. It also assists in the production of hemoglobin, the red blood cells that carry oxygen throughout your body.

Continue Learning about Minerals

Carotenoids: The Calcium Side Your Bones Crave
Keep your skeleton strong and fracture-free by serving that calcium supplement with a healthy salad on the side. Salad? Yep, salad. A 4-year study fou...
At what age should I start taking iron supplements?
Talk to your doctor to determine if you need iron supplements. People who may need supplements inclu...
Why does my body need minerals?
Dr. Andrea Pennington, MDDr. Andrea Pennington, MD
Minerals are an inorganic substance that are essential for human life. They also plays a role in m...
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young