What should I avoid while taking iron?

Due to the risk of overdose, you should avoid ingesting too much iron. Always follow the dosing instructions of your doctor or pharmacist. Never take more or less iron than prescribed. Also avoid antacid use close to the time of taking iron. Take antacids as far from the time of taking iron as possible.

Continue Learning about Minerals

Carotenoids: The Calcium Side Your Bones Crave
Keep your skeleton strong and fracture-free by serving that calcium supplement with a healthy salad on the side. Salad? Yep, salad. A 4-year study fou...
Why do I need minerals in my diet?
Kelly TraverKelly Traver
Minerals are divided into major minerals and trace minerals. Minerals are used in nerve impulse tran...
What do balanced levels of potassium and sodium prevent?
Maintaining a diet that balances your body's levels of potassium and sodium can aid in preventing an...
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young