What are the main food sources of phosphorus?

The top food sources for phosphorus are:
  • Oat bran
  • Halibut
  • Wild salmon
  • Soybeans
  • Sunflower seeds
  • Lentils
  • Crab
  • Cereal
Michael T. Murray, ND
Naturopathic Medicine

The main food sources of phosphorus are meat, milk, and whole grains, nuts and seeds (though the phosphorus is in a bound form in these foods and is about 50 percent less bio-available than phosphorus from other meat and milk sources).

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

From the bestselling authors of The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, the most comprehensive and practical guide available to the nutritional benefits and medicinal properties of virtually everything...

Continue Learning about Phosphorus

Who should not use phosphorus?
Certain people should not use phosphorus or should consult with a doctor before taking it. Your doct...
How does phosphorus affect people on dialysis?
Methodist Specialty and Transplant HospitalMethodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital
When people are on dialysis phosphorus can build up in the blood because the kidneys no longer work ...
What is the role of phosphorus in my body?
Dole Nutrition InstituteDole Nutrition Institute
Phosphorus, in the form of calcium phosphate, forms much of the structural component of bones and te...
What foods should I avoid that are high in phosphorus?
dotFITdotFIT
Phosphorus, a mineral found in bones is responsible for healthy, strong bones and teeth. It is the s...