What are the main food sources of phosphorus?

The top food sources for phosphorus are:
  • Oat bran
  • Halibut
  • Wild salmon
  • Soybeans
  • Sunflower seeds
  • Lentils
  • Crab
  • Cereal
Michael T. Murray, ND
Naturopathic Medicine

The main food sources of phosphorus are meat, milk, and whole grains, nuts and seeds (though the phosphorus is in a bound form in these foods and is about 50 percent less bio-available than phosphorus from other meat and milk sources).

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

From the bestselling authors of The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, the most comprehensive and practical guide available to the nutritional benefits and medicinal properties of virtually everything...

Continue Learning about Phosphorus

Should I let my doctor know I'm taking phosphorus?
Because it can interact with a number of different medicines, you should let your doctor know if...
How can I take phosphorus?
Phosphorus supplements come in a variety of forms. They can be taken as a tablet, a powder or a liqu...
Is phosphorus an antiviral?
Phosphorus is not an antiviral and does not treat viral infections. It is a mineral that, along with...
Are there any risks in taking phosphorus?
Taking phosphorus involves some risks, as it might cause serious side effects, such as lightheadedne...