When can I use imagery?

Imagery in implemented using a script about the behavior you want to change or improve. It should include the use of all of the senses, written in a positive tone and performing the behavior in the correct way. That script is then rehearsed over and over before the behavior, during the behavior and after the behavior, in part or in the whole form. Rehearsal of behaviors in this way allows the muscles to fire as if the behavior was actually taking place.

Continue Learning about Mind-Body Therapies

Shape Your Thoughts to Shape the Life You Want
Research shows that it takes about 66 days to form a new habit. It varied for each person but it was somewhere between 2 and 8 months. The study also ...
What is visual imagery?
Dr. Dawn MarcusDr. Dawn Marcus
Visual imagery is a relaxation technique in which an individual imagines a calm, pleasurable scene o...
What is the seventh chakra or crown chakra?
Kulreet Chaudhary, MDKulreet Chaudhary, MD
The crown chakra is home of our connection to the higher Self, or spiritual Self. It infuses the...
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?