When can I use imagery?

Imagery in implemented using a script about the behavior you want to change or improve. It should include the use of all of the senses, written in a positive tone and performing the behavior in the correct way. That script is then rehearsed over and over before the behavior, during the behavior and after the behavior, in part or in the whole form. Rehearsal of behaviors in this way allows the muscles to fire as if the behavior was actually taking place.

Continue Learning about Mind-Body Therapies

Chair Yoga: Maintaining Your Comfort Zone
Photo Credit: Vincent Gallegos, via Flickr Creative Commons To stay true to your needs during your yoga postures, you may need more support than just...
How should I eat to keep my chakras balanced?
Kulreet Chaudhary, MDKulreet Chaudhary, MD
Your chakras (energy centers) represent a spectrum of colors in the rainbow, so your plate should re...
How do I begin the healing process?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
With this first affirmation we begin the healing process. From there ninety-nine other expressions o...
What Elements Make an Athlete Extra-Successful?