The chakras change energy from one level to another by distributing Ki (also called Chi, or Prana, depending on belief system) to the physical body. This is partly done through the endocrine system that regulates other systems in the body. Each chakra also corresponds to one of the major glands in the body.
- The root chakra is associated with the adrenal gland.
- The navel chakra relates to the ovaries or testicles.
- The solar plexus chakra is related to the pancreas.
- The heart chakra belongs with the thymus.
- The throat chakra corresponds to the thyroid gland.
- The third eye chakra has a connection to the pituitary gland.
- The crown chakra is usually connected to the pineal gland.