How do I know which mind-body exercise is right for me?

This will depend on your priorities and personal health goals. For example, are you looking for a low range of physical activity and a high range of mental exercise such as meditation and breath focus or vice versa? Also, your current health status including injuries can also factor into what is your best choice for a mind-body exercise. In addition to these considerations, a good way to determine the right path for you is to rent a DVD or visit a local fitness or wellness center to experiment and see what feels right for your personal needs. You may find you enjoy more than one type of mind-body exercise.

Continue Learning about Mind/Body Exercise

Boost Performance with Motivational Self-Talk
Wouldn’t it be great if you could change your body so you could swim better or run faster when you worked out? Well, Canadian researchers have shown y...
What is the goal of calming and relaxation exercises?
The purpose of calming and relaxation exercises like yoga, meditation, tai chi, qi gong, is to impro...
How do I perform cleansing exercises?
Some yoga poses can help with cleansing the body via stimulation of digestion, relaxation of the dia...
Beth Oliver - Yoga Practice Moves - Week 04