How do I know which mind-body exercise is right for me?

This will depend on your priorities and personal health goals. For example, are you looking for a low range of physical activity and a high range of mental exercise such as meditation and breath focus or vice versa? Also, your current health status including injuries can also factor into what is your best choice for a mind-body exercise. In addition to these considerations, a good way to determine the right path for you is to rent a DVD or visit a local fitness or wellness center to experiment and see what feels right for your personal needs. You may find you enjoy more than one type of mind-body exercise.

Continue Learning about Mind/Body Exercise

Movement as Medicine: The Power of Tai Chi
Tai chi, the ancient Chinese practice that combines movement and meditation, is designed to help you achieve balance, both physically and emotionally,...
What are the benefits of mindful meditation and yoga?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
Researchers from Harvard University published an important study in the journal Psychiatry Researc...
Why is there so much emphasis on breath in mind-body exercise?
Bringing awareness to your breath is one of the easiest ways to draw your focus inward as well a...
Beth Oliver - Yoga Practice Moves - ALL 8 Weeks