What is the goal of calming and relaxation exercises?

The purpose of calming and relaxation exercises like yoga, meditation, tai chi, qi gong, is to improve feelings of peace and calm and lower the pulse, blood pressure, and reduce levels of stress hormones in the body. Through time and training the mind can help the body calm itself and lower the heart rate and reduce stress levels, which promote calming and feelings of relaxation and a sense of wellbeing.  

Continue Learning about Mind/Body Exercise

The Easiest Exercise That Isn’t Walking
The Easiest Exercise That Isn’t Walking
When it comes to exercises that are easy on the joints and can be done anywhere—and are relaxing, to boot—tai chi often comes to mind. The traditional...
What should I know before I try kung fu?
Sifu Karl  RomainSifu Karl Romain
Before committing to a Kung Fu regimen, you should take a free class and make sure the instructor an...
What is kung fu?
Sifu Karl  RomainSifu Karl Romain
Kung Fu is an ancient martial art that is great for self-defense and staying in shape; it utilizes m...
Beth Oliver - Yoga Practice Moves - Week 08