Yes, metformin is a generic version of brand names Glucophage, Fortamet, Glumetza and Riomet. It is also one of the ingredients in the following combination medications: Actoplus Met, Actoplus Met XR, Avandamet, Glucovance, Glumetza, Janumet, Metaglip, Prandimet, glipizide-metformin, glucophage-metformin and others. Your doctor will determine which version is right for you.
- Q Is metformin effective?
- Q Are runners more likely to get lactic acidosis from taking metformin?
- Q If I'm sick and can't eat, can I take my metformin without food?
- Q Do I have to monitor my blood glucose levels if I am on metformin?
- Q Will I lose weight with metformin?
- Q What is right blood sugar level? Are there any side effects of Metformin?