Yes, metformin is a generic version of brand names Glucophage, Fortamet, Glumetza and Riomet. It is also one of the ingredients in the following combination medications: Actoplus Met, Actoplus Met XR, Avandamet, Glucovance, Glumetza, Janumet, Metaglip, Prandimet, glipizide-metformin, glucophage-metformin and others. Your doctor will determine which version is right for you.
- Q Are headaches a side effect of metformin?
- Q What should I know about metformin before taking it?
- Q Will I lose weight with metformin?
- Q What is the right dose of taking Metformin if my blood sugar is increasing?
- Q Can my child with type 2 diabetes take metformin?
- Q Do I have to monitor my blood glucose levels if I am on metformin?