How soon after taking metformin will my symptoms improve?

Response to metformin depends on different factors, and varies from person to person. Metformin may also be used in combination with other medications, which increase the effectiveness. During this time, blood glucose monitoring will determine whether this medication is working and what dosage you should be given. People taking metformin, can improve their outcome with diet and exercise.

Continue Learning about Metformin

Metformin Drug: The New Fountain of Youth?
Metformin, a common prescription drug that’s used to treat type 2 diabetes, is making headlines worldwide – but the big news has nothing to do with di...
If I'm sick and can't eat, can I take my metformin without food?
You should always take the diabetes drug metformin (Glucophage, Fortamet) with a meal, so if you...
Do I always have to take metformin with food?
You should always take your metformin (Glucophage, Fortamet) with a meal, unless your doctor has g...
Is my metformin tablet working if it sometimes shows up in the toilet?
If you're taking extended-release metformin tablets for type 2 diabetes, the shell of the tablet m...