How can temperature affect appetite and metabolism?

One theory about metabolism says that cold temperature stimulates appetite (ever notice you eat more during the winter and you're not hungry after exercising, when your body's warm?) Conversely, people with low body temperature have lower metabolism and will be prone to gaining weight.
YOU: On A Diet Revised Edition: The Owner's Manual for Waist Management

For the first time in our history, scientists are uncovering astounding medical evidence about dieting -- and why so many of us struggle with our weight and the size of our waists. Now researchers...

Continue Learning about Metabolism and Weight Loss

The Benefits of Eating Your Food Slowly
The Benefits of Eating Your Food Slowly
Chances are, you were told as a kid to chew your food slowly so you didn't choke. Well, now there’s a new reason to chew your food. Eating fast makes ...
Are there any all natural supplements to speed metabolism and weight loss?
Caroline M. Apovian, MDCaroline M. Apovian, MD
There are plenty of natural supplements that promise to help you lose weight -- but are they saf...
Would a low impact job affect my metabolism?
Yes, a low impact job will be less active and will require to do less physically, this in turn will ...
What Are Some Natural Ways to Increase My Metabolism?