How can temperature affect appetite and metabolism?

One theory about metabolism says that cold temperature stimulates appetite (ever notice you eat more during the winter and you're not hungry after exercising, when your body's warm?) Conversely, people with low body temperature have lower metabolism and will be prone to gaining weight.
YOU: On A Diet Revised Edition: The Owner's Manual for Waist Management

For the first time in our history, scientists are uncovering astounding medical evidence about dieting -- and why so many of us struggle with our weight and the size of our waists. Now researchers...

Continue Learning about Metabolism and Weight Loss

The Benefits of Eating Your Food Slowly
The Benefits of Eating Your Food Slowly
Chances are, you were told as a kid to chew your food slowly so you didn't choke. Well, now there’s a new reason to chew your food. Eating fast makes ...
Does my body burn calories while I sleep?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
A 2009 study conducted in Sao Paulo, Brazil, found that while sleeping you burn three times more...
How can eating too little slow my metabolism?
Dolvett QuinceDolvett Quince
The body needs the vitamins, minerals and protein from food to sustain energy. When you eat too litt...
Can All Natural Supplements to Speed Metabolism and Weight Loss?