Are there any all natural supplements to speed metabolism and weight loss?

Ellen Whitehurst
Health Education
One of Mother Nature’s best, most efficient diet foods is fresh bee pollen.  Studies have shown that taking bee pollen daily can help to correct metabolic imbalances as well as speeding up metabolic processes and the burning of calories.  The lecithin in the bee pollen also is believed to break up and burn fatty deposits in the body as well.  Start with a quarter teaspoon of bee pollen granules first thing in the morning each day and, if there is no adverse or allergic reaction, then work up to one heaping teaspoon daily
Roberta Lee, MD
Watch as Integrative Medicine Specialist Dr. Roberta Lee suggests some natural supplements to speed metabolism and help weight loss.

Samantha Heller, RD

Want to rev up your body's weight-loss potential? In this video, registered dietician and Dr. Oz Show guest Samantha Heller shares the simple things you can do to speed up your metabolism.

Caroline M. Apovian, MD
Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism

There are plenty of natural supplements that promise to help you lose weight -- but are they safe and effective? In this video, nutrition and weight management specialist Dr. Caroline  Apovian talks about what researchers know so far.

Continue Learning about Metabolism and Weight Loss

The Benefits of Eating Your Food Slowly
The Benefits of Eating Your Food Slowly
Chances are, you were told as a kid to chew your food slowly so you didn't choke. Well, now there’s a new reason to chew your food. Eating fast makes ...
What exactly is metabolism?
Troy Taylor, NASM Elite TrainerTroy Taylor, NASM Elite Trainer
Metabolism simply put is the sum total of all chemical processes that occur in your body on a daily ...
How can eating too little slow my metabolism?
Mental Fitness, Inc.Mental Fitness, Inc.
Besides not providing enough of all the vitamins, minerals and protein we need every day, not eating...
How Does Not Eating Enough Fat Affect My Metabolism?