How can I boost my metabolism at night?

Keep your metabolism motor running all night long with a Spicy Red Icey. Combine a spicy red wine, like a Rioja or Malbec, with ice chips and a bit of mint. The wine not only helps you relax, but also has the added benefit of boosting metabolism for up to 95 minutes after you enjoy it. And while wine snobs may not approve, adding ice chips to your red wine forces your body to burn calories, as it has to use its own energy to warm the liquid to body temperature. The mint will add an interesting kick, and its scent has been shown to stave off those late-night hunger cravings.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Metabolism and Weight Loss

How to Hack Your Metabolism for Weight Loss
At a fundamental level, weight loss comes down to a simple formula: reduce your calorie intake, increase your activity level, and you’ll start to see ...
What exactly is metabolism?
Troy Taylor, NASM Elite TrainerTroy Taylor, NASM Elite Trainer
Metabolism simply put is the sum total of all chemical processes that occur in your body on a daily ...
Are there any all natural supplements to speed metabolism and weight loss?
Caroline M. Apovian, MDCaroline M. Apovian, MD
There are plenty of natural supplements that promise to help you lose weight -- but are they saf...
How Does the Metabolism Influence Weight Loss?