How can I boost my metabolism at night?

Keep your metabolism motor running all night long with a Spicy Red Icey. Combine a spicy red wine, like a Rioja or Malbec, with ice chips and a bit of mint. The wine not only helps you relax, but also has the added benefit of boosting metabolism for up to 95 minutes after you enjoy it. And while wine snobs may not approve, adding ice chips to your red wine forces your body to burn calories, as it has to use its own energy to warm the liquid to body temperature. The mint will add an interesting kick, and its scent has been shown to stave off those late-night hunger cravings.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Metabolism and Weight Loss

The Benefits of Eating Your Food Slowly
The Benefits of Eating Your Food Slowly
Chances are, you were told as a kid to chew your food slowly so you didn't choke. Well, now there’s a new reason to chew your food. Eating fast makes ...
How can temperature affect appetite and metabolism?
One theory about metabolism says that cold temperature stimulates appetite (ever notice you eat more...
What causes reduced metabolism in a person who is a chronic dieter?
Troy Taylor, NASM Elite TrainerTroy Taylor, NASM Elite Trainer
The simple answer to this is that over a period of years the yo-yo effect of going on and off of die...
Why Do Some People Stay Skinny?
Why Do Some People Stay Skinny?