What are the symptoms of hypokalemia?

Symptoms of hypokalemia are usually not detectable unless potassium levels in the blood reach dangerously low levels. Symptoms of this condition include abnormal beating of the heart, constipation, tiredness, weak muscles, rhabdomyolysis (muscle breakdown), and paralysis that can affect the lungs. Some of these symptoms appear more quickly in individuals with heart disease.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Disorders

Why a Balanced Diet is Important to Managing Porphyria
While there are no specific dietary guidelines for people with porphyria, eating well is still an important aspect of overall health and wellness for ...
4 Helpful Resources for Porphyria Patients
Porphyria is the term used to describe a group of metabolic disorders that affect the nerves, skin and gastrointestinal tract—or in some cases, all th...
How do I manage my metabolic disorder on a daily basis?
Depending on the type and severity of the metabolic disorder, a variety of daily treatments may help...
What is the difference between androgen insensitivity syndrome and gender dysphoria?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Androgen insensitivity syndrome is not the same thing as gender dysphoria. Androgen insensitivity sy...