How does dehydration harm my workouts?

I want to provide a quick reminder that most of your water is stored in your muscles. If you're not adequately hydrated, you're preventing your muscles from performing at its optimal. Because you’re not performing at your best, this could cut your workout short preventing you from burning those few extra calories that could help you drop that extra pound. So next time when you feel fatigued and weak during your workout, reach out and drink more water.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Disorders

4 Helpful Resources for Porphyria Patients
Porphyria is the term used to describe a group of metabolic disorders that affect the nerves, skin and gastrointestinal tract—or in some cases, all th...
Do You Have Porphyria? Know the Symptoms
Porphyrias are a group of rare metabolic disorders that can cause a wide range of symptoms, ranging from severe blistering when exposed to sunlight, t...
How do metabolic disorders affect the body?
Metabolic disorders are often inherited, meaning they are caused by genetic problems that affect the...
What is systematic amyloidosis?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
There are three major types of systemic amyloidosis: Primary amyloidosis (AL), the most common f...