How does dehydration harm my workouts?

I want to provide a quick reminder that most of your water is stored in your muscles. If you're not adequately hydrated, you're preventing your muscles from performing at its optimal. Because you’re not performing at your best, this could cut your workout short preventing you from burning those few extra calories that could help you drop that extra pound. So next time when you feel fatigued and weak during your workout, reach out and drink more water.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Disorders

Identifying and Avoiding Common Porphyria Triggers
Porphyrias are rare metabolic disorders caused by abnormal enzyme activity that affects the way the body produces heme (a substance that is vital to t...
Types of Porphyria: Acute, Cutaneous and More
Porphyria is the name given to a group of metabolic disorders related to abnormal enzyme activity during the production of heme, an important componen...
Are blood sugar levels important for acid-base metabolism disorders?
High and low blood sugar levels can make people more susceptible to acid-base metabolism disorders. ...
What is the difference between androgen insensitivity syndrome and gender dysphoria?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Androgen insensitivity syndrome is not the same thing as gender dysphoria. Androgen insensitivity sy...