How can I tell if I am dehydrated?

Heidi Powell
Fitness
To figure out if you're dehydrated, there is a simple test you can do called the pinch test. In this video, fitness expert Heidi Powell explains the pinch test, and how much water you should be drinking daily based on your individual size and weight.
One of the easiest tools to use is the color of your urine. If you are well hydrated your urine will be almost clear or pale yellow. If you are dehydrated it will be darker. Think of lemonade and apple juice. Your target is lemonade. You can also practice pre- and post-training weighing, if you have that available to you, to see how much fluid you lost during training.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Disorders

Types of Porphyria: Acute, Cutaneous and More
Porphyria is the name given to a group of metabolic disorders related to abnormal enzyme activity during the production of heme, an important componen...
Porphyria: Tips for Working With a Healthcare Provider
Porphyrias are metabolic disorders related to the buildup of natural chemical compounds called porphyrins, which the body makes during the production ...
How do metabolic disorders affect the body?
Metabolic disorders are often inherited, meaning they are caused by genetic problems that affect the...
How can I prevent dehydration during exercise?
Mercy HealthMercy Health
To prevent dehydration during exercise try the following: Sip 7 to 10 ounces of fluid every 10 to...