How can I tell if I am dehydrated?

One of the easiest tools to use is the color of your urine. If you are well hydrated your urine will be almost clear or pale yellow. If you are dehydrated it will be darker. Think of lemonade and apple juice. Your target is lemonade. You can also practice pre- and post-training weighing, if you have that available to you, to see how much fluid you lost during training.
Heidi Powell
Fitness
To figure out if you're dehydrated, there is a simple test you can do called the pinch test. In this video, fitness expert Heidi Powell explains the pinch test, and how much water you should be drinking daily based on your individual size and weight.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Disorders

Do You Have Porphyria? Know the Symptoms
Porphyrias are a group of rare metabolic disorders that can cause a wide range of symptoms, ranging from severe blistering when exposed to sunlight, t...
Why a Balanced Diet is Important to Managing Porphyria
While there are no specific dietary guidelines for people with porphyria, eating well is still an important aspect of overall health and wellness for ...
What are the symptoms of dehydration in children?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Look for these signs of dehydration in your child: Sunken eyes The soft spot is sunken on top of...
What are infant metabolic errors?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Inborn errors of metabolism, also known as congenital metabolic diseases or metabolic disorders, are...